Changing Water to Wine
(without any grapes)
In the story Jesus at the wedding in Canaan was told that the wine was all gone. His response was that “His time had not yet come.” But Mary didn’t question Him about what He meant she simply told the servants to “do whatever He tells you.” He never, according to the story presses her any further about what He said. He instructed the servants to fill the water pots that would normally be used for cleansing and hand washing and without further adieu He turned the water into wine; producing the finest grade of wine. The host was pleased and the guest thought him a savvy host to save the best for last. My question is: how do I turn water into wine in my own life, without any grapes? How can I make something out of nothing?
The Bible tells me that Jesus said that I could do greater works than He. So, if that being true and God said He is not a man that He should lie, then I can do what Jesus did because turning water to wine is something He DID and if I can do greater, then I should be able to do that and more. So…I want to know how I can turn water into wine without any grapes.
You see the water is my situation, my circumstances. And the wine is the sweet refreshing of having my needs met. God said He would supply all of my needs according to His riches in Glory by Christ Jesus. Then, I want Him to be real to me today and turn my situation around – meet and supply abundantly my needs. I want the Jesus that is more-than-enough to be real to me today. I don’t want to wait a day, a week or a year or more. I need it now! I say that because at the wedding the party was in progress and the win had run out. Jesus did not make the guest wait until His time had come. He supplied the need right then. Well, the party is on at my house and the bills are due now. But, the money has run out. I can only tangibly, in the natural do with what I have in my possession right now. I need to pull my resources out of the spirit world. Because He has already told me “prosperity would come quickly” – I need what’s out there, in my hands now! The guests are waiting.
We are always told that when we call on Jesus He will answer. I believe He answers every time. It may not come the way you think it will or the way you want it to but I believe He answers every time. Well, I’m asking, seeking and knocking and I’m expecting an answer. Jesus wants to come in and make His dwelling place in me – I welcome Him. I open the door. I invite Him to come, because I need a “right-now” Jesus. I need an “on time” God. I need the wine served at my party right now.
I read the stories in the Bible and I believe they are there as an example for any situation known to man throughout the ages. Whether or not they are true or whether or not they really happened is not my issue right now. What IS my concern is that I need Jesus to be REAL to me right now. Be real to me today. When the Centurion Soldier asked Jesus to come to his house to heal his daughter and Jesus said she was already healed. His faith had made her well. I need that kind of faith in my life. I need to touch the hem of His garment so that my issues will dry up. I need the resurrected Jesus to be real to me! Not just another message, not another shout and dance and I leave out of the church the same way I came in. No! I need a life changing situation altering, come-on-and-make-it-alright-for-me, Jesus! Heal my body; raise my loved ones out of their sick beds of sin. Free my family from prisons of unbelief, I want the angels of God to come on my behalf – sent down to free me so that I can go and tell others what He’s done for me. And, if he can do it for me, He’ll do the same for you. He is no respecter of persons. He doesn’t care who you are. If He said He would do it, then I need that Jesus. I need the promise of the risen Savior to be real to me every day. The love that He says He has for me. I need it without question. I don’t want to guess if He loves me. I want to know it for myself. I want the love that rolled the stone away from the grave to roll my tears away. I want that love to show up in my life.
When I accepted Jesus I was young and wasn’t sure what all of that meant. I wasn’t sure of what would be ahead of me. What obstacles and challenges I would face. I had no idea what would be required of me. But, I know this, I expected a change – I wanted a change. I wanted the old man and the old things passed away and I wanted to behold all things are new! I wanted a real change. I wanted my water turned into wine, without any grapes. I wanted the close encounter of the God-kind to touch my life. “A change, a change has come over me, He changed my life and now I am free” – Am I? Has my common be touched by His uncommon? Has my natural been changed by His supernatural? As I lay praying the other night, I just asked God to show me, me. Show me who I am. Show me who you created me to be. Because somewhere along the way, I’ve lost sight of who I am. I need you to show me what you see. I expect an answer. I expect an encounter like Moses had – I expect a ram in the bush like Abraham. I expect the God that is the same yesterday, today and forever, to be the same God that spoke to Moses. I’m expecting an answer from the “I AM, that I AM, I change not” – I believe that. I believe it and so I’m expecting my water to be turned into wine, I need that God to come to this temple. Come to my house and change some things.
The Bible tells me that the Kingdom of God is within us. And, that He has given me the keys to the kingdom. But what doors do they fit? What doors are they to open? What lock does it open? It seems I am stuck. I’m neither going forward or backward. I need to know what the keys will do. I’ve considered the Lilies of the field. They toil not, neither do they sow in other words they don’t work. They just are. Here today and gone tomorrow. My Heavenly Father clothes them. Solomon in all of his splendor is not clothed such as these. And if God considers the lilies of the fields how much more will He do for you? (Me) I’m here Lord God, I’m your child. Not the grass, trees or flowers but a woman, created in your image able to do greater works, praise you and bring glory and honor to you – but here I sit in my house needing you to cover me. I need you to consider me. I’m dancing in the fire and the furnace has been turned up! I need you to be the other man in the fire with me. It’s hot in here! My back is against the wall and I have nothing more I can give or do. I’ve stood fast and now I need the doors of the furnace to open up and set me free. I need the sustaining power of the God of my salvation to keep the fire of my daily life from consuming me lest I die. But a dead man has no testimony and his days can no longer bring you glory. I need you to be more than a Bible story for me Jesus. I need my house fixed up where I live. I need my bills and debts paid that I should owe no man nothing but love. I need the fish with the gold in his mouth to come to my house. I need to let down my faith like the fishermen let down their nets and pull up more than enough to meet my needs. That’s what I need from you today.
The party is going on at my house and I need the water turned to wine without grapes. The guests are waiting and so am I. You didn’t make the wedding guests wait for the wine. They didn’t have to wait! They would have accepted the bottom of the barrel kind of wine. But instead you gave them your best! I am asking for nothing less than your best. I can’t take my Bible to Ameren UE (electric co.) and exchange it for my lights. Laclede Gas won’t understand the Bible in my hand asking them to accept it as payment for my gas. Speaking of gas. I need to take water and turn it into gas for my car too. I need water turned into wine now. I have no grapes. You didn’t use any so, you’ll have to take my nothing and make it something. Take what I have given, as you instructed and make it the best wine. Take the load, pressure and stress off of my husband. Tell him, like you did Zacheus, to “come down out of the tree.” I want to have dinner with you tonight.” I’m not talking about the crumbs from the master’s table; but a feast at the table prepared for me in the presence of my enemies. Fill my cup to running over. Fill my empty cabinets with food. I want to taste and see that the Lord is good in the land of the living. I want you to bring the fishes and the loaves into my house so we can break bread and feed the multitudes. I need that kind of miracle in my house, and in my life. I need you to tell me how to turn water into wine without any grapes. How did I make something out of nothing? I need you to be the Holy Ghost that showed up on the day of Pentecost in the form of cloven tongues of fire to those waiting in the upper room. Set my mouth on fire that I may tell others what a mighty God we serve.
Well, He came to my house and tuned over the tables of the moneychangers and showed Himself REAL to me. I don’t need a storybook Jesus. I need a real Jesus. The creator of Heaven and Earth. Who made all things and without Him nothing was made. It’s time I saw a Real Jesus who can do all things. That, what seems impossible to man is POSSIBLE to God. Because if He created Heaven and Earth and the Earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof, then surely, what I am asking is nothing to you Lord.
Let me ask you is there anything too hard for God? NO! If that is so, and I believe that, then I need the water turned into wine. The water is my situation, my circumstances. The wine is the outcome and the grapes, well; you didn’t use any in the story. But I suspect they are the substance of things hoped for, the evidence not seen - You turned water into wine, but you didn’t mention any grapes. I guess that’s what faith is. It makes something out of nothing. The evidence not seen. But the fruits bear witness. You made the best wine for the wedding guests. Make it for me Jesus. Before the party is over, make the best wine for me. I’m standing in the throne room and I’ve come boldly before the throne of grace to ask for mercy in the time of need. I need the REAL Jesus. I need the miracle working Jesus today. Take the sores off of my body. Take the ache out of my back. Grow some hair on my head. I am the righteousness of God (God’s way of doing things). Then if the righteous are not forsaken nor his seed begging bread. Then I need that promise to be “yeah and Amen.” Yes! And let it be so in my life every day. You told me there are new mercies for me every day. I’ve come to get my portion for today.
You fed manna to the children of Israel. Manna means “whatever” nothing in particular. But I want more than manna. I need more than a trickle here and there. I need the rain to fall down on me. I wasn’t there for the former, but I’m here now and I need the latter rain. I need you to calm the storm in my life. I’m in the boat and I’m out on the sea of life. They tell me you’re a lighthouse to keep the ships from wrecking. Well, I’m in the boat. And what was once calm seas have now turned to turbulence. I believe in the God that neither sleeps nor slumbers, so when I ask you do you care not that I’m going down, I’m perishing. Don’t let me have to wake you. GET UP Jesus! And calm the storm that’s threatening my very existence. Command the wind and the waves of adversity to “be still.” I can’t wait! I can’t wait till my boat has capsized and I’ve fallen overboard. My bills won’t wait, my creditors are calling. My money has gone as far as I can stretch. You can’t be asleep now Jesus.
I need PEACE. I need the storm to cease.
An original work by Eldridge Cole/2007
Then I learned that “Water Represents God”
Water represents God! We can NOT live without it There’s 75% water that makes up the earth our bodies are 75% water. In water you can do things that are IMPOSSIBLE to do on land. We clean ourselves in it, it calms & comforts u we love to watch MOVING waters such as waterfalls rivers etc. Water is gentle yet strong enough to generate power in its wrath it’s deadly powerful & can destroy EVERYTHING in a moment. Think about it. - Designed Purpose Danielle R
No comments:
Post a Comment